Random thoughts: Here’s why I loved the The Arcade Fire + Mick Jagger performance of “This Could Be the Last Time” from last season’s SNL season finale:
- I love The Arcade Fire (and they’re going to have a new album in 2013!)
- I think Régine Chassagne is really pretty.
- I love how every member of the band appears to be thinking “OH MY GOD I’M ON STAGE WITH MICK JAGGER!”
- Even though it’s sort of creepy and scary, I love that Mick Jagger moves and sounds as if he’s not actually a thousand years old.
- At the end, Mrs. Chassagne gives Jagger a total I-don’t-care-if-you-are-a-rock-god-you-better-not-put-your-tongue-in-my-mouth-or-your hand-on-my-behind look. Love her.
- Reading about members of The Arcade Fire led me to Les Jongleurs de la Mandragore, which I highly recommend: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne4WN9j2YJ4